Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
Ky
City
ky
The Greatest Man I have ever known joined our savior on October 24, 2011. He had been a fighter most of his life, from the war in Vietnam, to his battle with A.L.S., which took his life. I was with him through his journey and was there when he took his last breath. Although I will miss him so very much, I learned a lot about him in his last days through family and friends. They told stories that made him more real. He was a Marine in Vietnam, and proud to be. During his service in Vietnam, he was wounded in combat qualifying for a purple heart but he refused. He said it would kill his mother to know he was hurt and he didn’t need a reward for doing his job. Also during his stay in Vietnam he was exposed to Agent Orange, an herbicide, which research today shows this substance as being a catalyst causing A.L.S. He spent his early years helping his cousin create one of the largest construction companies in Northern Ky. He was a successful businessman, and sold many families their 1st home. He was a true hero. He was a friend to everyone and didn’t know a stranger. He was a great husband and an even greater Dad. To know him was a blessing in itself. He gave more of himself to aide other people in need and never asked for anything in return. His expectations of people were to work hard, be honest, and would give you a pat on the back for doing a great job. He did not tolerate laziness. He was a master in all forms of fishing, and had a deep and strong passion for it. He had a stern appearance that would make even the strongest man shake, but a heart big enough to love a small child. He was my Dad. My hero. My protector.

Karigay, My heartfelt sorrow and my Prayers to you and your family at this time. May Peace and Comfort surround you. What a beautiful letter you wrote about you Loving Father, I am sure he is so proud of you and thankful for all you have done with him and for him. May you be Blessed for your loving comitment to him. Hugs

What a beautiful tribute to your Dad. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family!

So sorry to hear of your father's passing, Kari. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

What a wonderful father. I'm so sorry for your loss Karigav. I pray his strength will enfold you in the time ahead.

Kari, My heart goes out to you. Hope you are doing well, seems that a very strong
man would raise a very strong daughter. :)

We lost our pal also, Monday. Went out side and seen the Northern Lights. We talked
about what a view Eddie and now your Father had. Blessings to you Kari.

Yes Eddie, they have "the ultimate view" now. I am sorry for your loss as well... You understand the numb feeling at this time, but also know the peace it brings to know where they are. Hugs to you all for your warm thoughts, thank you!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dana

Your words come right from your heart and moved mine to tears....I feel like I know your Dad and praise God for his life of giving. There is a thread I started about the ALS Associatation starting a year long tribute to those who have served our country and had ALS. There is a "Tribute Wall on their website...I really think your father should be there! My heart goes out to you in love and prayer, for your loss, which must be great.But we know he is in a far greater place...where every tear will be dried, no more ALS...he can run now in the service of our Lord. God bless you and your family as you grieve.

Kari,

You must be a fantastic "daddy's girl" as I feel it oozing from your post. What a special Man you have for a Dad and what an amazing bond you to share. Your post was beautifully written and your Dad is so proud :) My God provide you with comfort and peace during these difficult times. You will be added to my prayer list.

Your post has moved me to tears as there are so many similarities between us. My Dad is also my hero and I am his biggest fan. He, too, served in Vietnam as a pilot and was exposed to Agent Orange. He honorably served this great nation for 23 years. We were just informed of his diagnosis (2nd opinion) this past April. I grieve for you and for all of us who suffer from our lives being invaded by this disease.

Allison

I am very sorry to hear of your and your families tragic loss. You wrote a wonderful tribute and it clearly illustrates what a wonderful man your Dad was. Please accept my prayers and condolences.

Wonderful tribute to a life well lived

Kari, What a lovely tribute to your father and a testament to his raising you with strong values and appreciation for all things that matter. I am sorry for your loss and I thank your Father for his service.

My deepest condolences on the passing of your father. He seemed to be a man of courage and integrity. Sending you and your family warmth thoughts and peace. Yasmin

What a beautiful tribute to your precious father. My sympathy to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back