Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Heather and Everyone. Thanks for your support and good wishes. Patti and I are both doing well today, feeling physically well and happy. Our biggest challenge today is that Patti isn't taking well to her new equipment. I've figured out that she's tactically sensitive and probably a bit resistant to change right now anyway. She fusses putting on the respiratory equipment and has hardly used it. She finds the loaner power chair uncomfortable and won't sit in it, and when she does, she's afraid to drive it around much.

I'm not as worried about the chair, but I am worried more about the respiratory equipment. I'm going to talk to the respiratory therapist during his visit today about overcoming that reluctance, at least on the tactile sensitivity site. Patti just hates when air blows at her face. I've tried it, too, and I don't get it. But then, I'm the opposite with a high physical discomfort/pain tolerance. But my ex and my stepson were the same way, so I know some people just react viscerally to physical irritations.

Calvin, Matt was not terribly comfortable in his loaner either. It was the same model as his chair, but wasn't sized for him (the legs were too short, for starters). Perhaps there are some adjustments that can be made to make her more comfortable?

Calvin, air should not be blowing "in her face," only into her nostrils (I would start w/ a nasal mask and only move to FF if you have to, not sure what she has right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back