Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for me the most emotional things were watching Michel watch movies of their wedding and also her reaction at the progression being real. Being married six years ago, the wedding thing grabbed me because more than once I have looked at our wedding pics and thought about how it's good I had no idea what was coming. I had to take a photo off my desk at work of Brian at our wedding.

For me the most emotional scene was when they are in their separate beds. Steve wants to talk, to ask how he can make it better. Michel is bone tired and can barely respond. This same scene is played out at our house all the time.

It seems that my husband is also so worn out from meeting the physical needs, that nothing is left for emotional support. As Michel says in the movie, "this disease is a mother ____"

The hardest part for me is when he is swimming with his friends and Michel realizes the progression. She does her best to hold in the grief but it is so intense. The pain in her eyes was like looking in a mirror for me.

That's the scene I meant yes about realizing the progression is real.

There are other bad conditions with no cure. Yet somehow this seems like A total monster. As a woman I spoke with who lost her husband to ALS ten years ago said " you will never believe this happened to him- or you".

I was afraid I would be bawling too, I was crying at the end of a western movie the other day. I was surprised how well I did...My wife did the crying for both of us. Gleason is well worth seeing.

I will be going to the movie tomorrow afternoon with my wife. We are taking a tarp and a mop to contain the tears!

Review to come.......................

Waiting on your review Mark....

Vince

Waiting on your review Mark....

Vince

Had to postpone seeing it. My youngest grand daughter (9 months) is in the hospital. No recreation until we know she is going to be OK!:cry:

Understood. Prayers for a speedy recovery for your little angel.

Vince

Yes Mark prayers indeed!

She is in my prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back