Diagnosis
4/2020
Country
US
State
MI
City
Ann Arbor
Another gap. We now have a hospital bed on the first floor and a lift chair. So naps can be had on either level. There is a portable roll-in shower we were able to get used. There is a used Hoyer lift on the way. I need to lift her off the toilet and up out of bed, and some of the transfers are looking like they are getting hard even with me helping. Speech is good except when she’s tired. A few swallowing problems with stems. Spinach is an issue for example. Spiral cut julienne veggies like carrots are bad. Looks like we will try to get a PEG put in this summer. Still spends nights upstairs. She has trouble finding a comfortable sleeping position. Showers are getting hard without help. Frequent bouts of incontinence have been a surprise. I think it will take a friend to do any travel going forward, so there is an extra set of hands. We both have our 2 Moderna shots. So things are cooking along.

It's a constant juggle and looking ahead as you finish one thing isn't it John. Sounds like you are really cooking well, and working things out with each step. So glad to hear this, it's day at a time, but you are getting each day done!

Have you ever considered a wedge for her to sleep on? "Acid reflex wedge pillow with memory foam overlay" on Amazon has been good for me. I purchased to help stop snoring, but has been helpful for breathing while sleeping. I got the 7" high model.

we used a variety of wedges and pillows to keep Chris's joints supported in bed

I may be late to this conversation, but have you talked with your doctor about Nuedecat? That helped my husband quite a bit with his swallowing and speech. We started it in 2016 when his speech was affected and he was still understandable 4 years later. I know this is anecdotal. Me was eating by mouth until a few days before he passed. He chose not to be trached, and he passed in his sleep.

Nuedexta I meant

We contacted hospice early. A lady comes by and gives my wife a bath.3 times a week also nurse comes by once a week and ,
Free adult diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back