Diagnosis
02/2016
Country
US
State
texas
City
katy
My sweetheart is actively dying, the prognosis is maybe two more days.
I can't stop crying .....This is more then I could imagine, I was praying for mercy because I hate to see him suffering but I miss my soulmate so much... I don't know how I can get on with life. I wish I could go with him.
I am inconsolable.

a social worker told me this would be the hardest thing i've ever done. my son, pals, is 44 yrs old, and i don't have to tell you the rest. i have nothing to say to console you. sometimes i find something to give thanks for...to move my mind in a different direction. i am so sorry.

I am so sorry.

I can only say that if you can just be with your PALS now, no matter if it seems he is aware or not I am certain there is deep awareness there. You will never regret just spending this time with him - make as much physical contact as you can. I would do hand and face washes, rub creams into his skin, massage his feet - things that are very tactile and yet very gentle and intimate. I would just pour out how I felt about him, about our love, the times we had together. I burned scented candles and kept beautiful music playing softly. I created as peaceful and beautiful an ambiance as I could so that his last few days were as soul nourishing for him as possible and it helped me a lot to be in this place I created.

Some of the things I described may resonate with you, some might not - you find what helps you. If you can, it will help you enormously after as well. There is no consolation, I know that, but I hope you can find something that will help just a little. We are behind you xxx

Very sorry to hear about your sweetheart. You don't have to know now how you will move forward, just be with him fully, as Tillie says, to know that you have done that for him and for you. That will be part of what propels you to the next step.

Best,
Laurie

I'm thinking of you and your sweetheart and wishing you didn't have to go through this. Tillie and Laurie are right...just be with him. Big hugs.

Thinking of you and sending huge hugs. I'm so very, very sorry. Everything Tillie has suggested is awesome. Just be with him and tell him how much you love him and let him know you'll be ok.

Hugs,

Sue

So sorry this time has come for you and your sweetheart. We are here with you holding your hand. Hugs!

I am so sorry. Wishing you strength and comfort. Kate

So sorry, but nothing I can add to what Tillie said. I hope there is no suffering.

I'm so sorry. I hope you find strength and peace during this time. My thoughts are with you both.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.

Jon

Tillie gives excellent advice. I know there's nothing we can say that will make you feel better, other than the thought that many of us have experienced what you are experiencing now, wishing we could go with our PALS, because the thought of being without them is unbearable.

Thinking of you this morning adrivtham and praying for mercy for you PAL, and that you both find strength and peace in these difficult days and the ones to come. Sending hugs your way.
-Erika

I'm thinking of you just now too xxx

Thinking of you today and wishing you strength and peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back