Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
MN
City
Owatonna
Kathy passed away today around noon. She battled ALS for two years...mourning each loss but quickly adapting to it through the help of her loving husband, wonderful friends, and the technology that allows it to happen.

She had progressed very rapidly the last couple weeks and after a rocky evening last night, finally found some comfort today. We gathered around her as family and friends as she ended one journey and began another. Now she is at peace...no more ALS...speaking clearly and effortlessly, walking and dancing, breathing breaths that fill the whole of her lungs, and eating her favorite foods. She was smiling and her eyes twinkled until the last little bit.

I will miss my dear sister terribly and will talk to her daily. I can only hope and pray that a cure for this god-awful disease is found so that no one else must go through this pain. As we all know, it is not only the patient that battles ALS. They take the brunt of it, but the hearts of family and friends get ripped out again and again through the duration of the disease...seeing their loved one suffer so much.

As you look at the sky, you will certainly see a new bright star shining in the heavens. That is my lovely sister, Kathy. Say a little prayer...smile at the star...go hug your family...take every moment you can to enjoy the life around you. Take nothing for granted. Sing a little...even if it's off key. Dance a little...even if you stumble. And laugh...not just a little giggle, but a big-bellied gafaw.

Marcia

Marcia so sorry for the loss of your beautifull sister.I will look at the sky and think about her tonight and my dear husband who also passed from this horrible disease.May a cure be found soon as you say so not a single person has to suffer from this disease.God Bless you and your sister is now at peace and no longer suffers!......Gina

Dear Marcia

My Dear Marcia, My first thought was oh no not Kathy, we've traveled the road ALS takes us together the last 2 years. Kathy has gone off to a restfull place. I hope you all can find comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm here for you. Love, Beebe

Marcia your words were beautiful, they brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss. You are right this disease is awful. It hurts so much. This disease is one that I truly cannot describe. Our hearts are broken but we hold onto hope that one day there will be a cure for my wonderful husband. Our prayers and thoughts are with you at this painful time.

Hope and Sandy.

Marcia, I am so very sorry for your loss, and feel for you and your family. Your tribute to your sister is lovely. I have been looking up at the stars in the sky, and that deep infinity of the beyond, thinking about all of us who have lost loved ones both to ALS and other circumstances, and then turning to the people I love who are still here, and I am grateful to have the experience of such deep emotion and the time I have to be with them, through both hard times and good.

I am sorry for your loss, Marcia. Kathy was lucky to have such loving and caring family at her side all through this. Shows what a special person she was! Hugs, Cindy

Hi Marcia, sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace. My condolences to you, and yours. God bless.

Irma

with sympathy

Your words were a perfect tribute to your sister and your love for her.

I will look out tonight for that bright shining star.

Marcia, the last two years have been a heart renching journey for us all.
You and your family are in my thoughts.

sincerely, Barb

So sorry Marcia. You've been here quite a while and I thought you and Kathy would be one of the lucky long term survivors. It reminds us that life is precious. Take care.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back