Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
I've been off for a few days and now I have ads.... How do I get them off

Try using an ad blocker?

And possibly log out and back in? There was a recent update so maybe you need a reset

My ad blocker is working on my computer. But, on my phone the ad blocker is letting through many, many adds. This started a few days ago.

I have tried logging out and back in, yet I still get just as many ads on my phone. There are so many ads, it is not practical to view the site on my phone.

I have tried clearing the browser cache, but have not yet tried a different browser on my phone. I hope I can get the ads under control soon, as it is convenient to be able to using this site on my phone.

Steve

I tried my phone -ads on safari ( which used not to happen but not on chrome. I did message David to look at this thread
I don’t get ads on ipad safari. I do use an adblocker

I did have to log back in recently on my phone, but have never seen any ads even when I didn't-- Firefox, Android.

It looks as though some user accounts have had user promotions removed since the last software update.

I've manually fixed @Clearwater AL and @swalker user accounts. If anyone has this sudden issue since the last software update (past few days), please let me know.

I'll try to sort out why this happened so there's a more permanent fix.

Thank you! The ads are gone.

Steve

I downloaded a backup from a couple months ago to compare the "user group promotion" settings in hopes something was changed/edited but I didn't find any issues.

Not sure why this happened but feel free to message me if this issue recurs in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back