Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Fran - now it's funny because that is what I presumed 'trim' would be, but because the stems etc are no good for smoking, which I knew, I was presuming they were no good, so wondered indeed what 'trim' was.

You detailed explanation is so useful, I wouldn't have been game to try that and guess quantities, though it is still a matter of each 'batch' of trim or bud you get would be different.

We were given some rather strong smelling bud recently, so I could try this but again amounts would concern me for knowing how strong it is compared to your 1 ounce trim to 1 pint oils.

Any advice on if I were to be using quality buds?

What do you do with the oil?

I know what to do with the bud...LOL

Thanks!

Tillie..I would trail and error by the sounds of it...start very low as ingesting it, you get all of the effects(not like half of it going up in smoke).. start with a very small pinch 0.1-0.2gms over a day and see how you get on..i've also heard somewhere(disclaimer alert) oil is 70-80% and good bud is around 16-25%..trim about 1-3%...i would add the oil to coffee...i don't know if it can be infused through the skin instead..i'll find out for you
Take care
Pete

Coffee will mask it ..Mix with cream maybe?...a friend of mine makes jam with fruit and oil in it, and spreads it on toast, not the best if throat is affected..Or in any home cooking. The oil will mix with butter and then use in anything you like..
Take care
Pete

By grinding the 1 oz (30g) trim and then slow cooking it in 16 oz (500 ml) oil for 24 hours, the chemicals are really well extracted, so the left over strained trim, after the cooking, has pretty much no chemical activity left, and the oil is very strong. I don't have any way to measure its potency, but the first dose of my first batch, I gave Hal 15 ml (one tablespoon) - that was way too much at once, and he was "high" for hours. It wasn't unpleasant or frightening, he just couldn't concentrate, kept laughing. Now he gets 5 ml 2-3 times per day and 10 ml at bedtime. My friend's wife, who has Huntingtons, can swallow food and doesn't have a g-tube. They infuse their trim into 1 lb of unsalted,
clarified butter and then use the infused butter to make a "special" batch of brownies, which she takes in tiny measured pieces. You could also try using infused butter or oil in hot chocolate or anything with a strong flavor.

Last edited:
Fran, glad he is still smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back