Thanksgiving, Grumpy's Birthday and Mine too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy'sWife

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Southern
Grumpy and I want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving! Today is also Grumpy's birthday so needless to say it feels like our home was invaded by everyone and their brother. Since tomorrow is my birthday, everyone decided to drop in even if they didn't stay for dinner. We cooked a 22 pound turkey and had a 10 pound ham and have very little left over lol.
As overwhelming as it has been there has been a lot of laughter, some tears and some wonderful memories. Six of our seven kids were here at some point today as well as my dad and Grumpy's mom.
The biggest surprise for everyone was the fact that Grumpy can no longer feed himself. We just didn't want to make a big deal of it, so once a few people made their plates I made his, sat beside him and we got started. The whole room got quiet....his mom looked over and said "well I remember doing that". We all laughed and just like that it was ok.
Its hard to believe that this time last year we didn't know what ALS was, we were in Scottsdale, AZ and making fun of everyone freezing their behinds off here in Ohio. But in spite of all that I am very thankful today. Thankful for my wonderful Grumpy and the way he handles this damn disease, thankful for our family that does get it and helps when they can, even thankful for the family that doesn't get it...you make it easy to cut you out just by your stupidity and thankful for this forum where I am free to vent, cry, laugh, give support and be supported!
Love you all,
~Kaye

Kaye, Please tell Grumpy Happy Birthday it sounds like it turned out wonderful and that you have a lot to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day. I hope you are able to get a little rest and enjoy your Birthday tomorrow. :)

Happy Birthday to you both, wishing you a special blessing . Very pleased to hear you had a special thanksgiving.
Love Gem

Happy Birthday to you both

Sounds like a good time was had by all!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRUMPY......................

Attachments

• balloons.gif
    balloons.gif
    2 KB · Views: 882
  • birfday.png
    birfday.png
    295.4 KB · Views: 273
Kaye, what a great story of your day! And wasn't it great that his mom broke the ice with humor and acceptance. Happy birthday to you both!

happy birthday. and happy thanksgiving to you all

Happy Birthdays!

Happy Birthday to the two of you. Glad you had a good day!

Boy that's a lot of turkey and ham. You must have had a mob over. This was a good thanksgiving except for the humiliating 49er loss. Alex

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a wonderful day!
@ Alex - Grumpy is also a 49er's fan and he was very upset at the loss, since I am a diehard Bengals fan, well let's just say I had no sympathy lol!
@ bigmark - Grumpy would like to know when his present from you will be arriving! He said she looks pretty good in the picture, my response to him was he would need a lot more help breathing than the Trilogy could provide so you should just keep her!
You guys are awesome!
~Kaye

OK Kaye....I will keep her.
I want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I baked you a cake, hope you like it.

Attachments

• bth_sexy-birthday-pic.jpg
    bth_sexy-birthday-pic.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 267
Kaye thank you so much for sharing that picture of your day. Happy birthday to you and Grumpy, what a whirlwind of 2 days that makes for you each year!

@ Big Mark....there is no cake like beefcake lol! Thanks for the birthday wish!?

@ Tillie, yes it is always that way! Plus we had a grandson turn 1 on the 22nd as well! There were 47 people in our house in that one day! Today has been fairly quiet with just a few stragglers in and out. Its has always been crazy if one our birthdays is on the holiday but of course this year it seemed everyone wanted to visit. We had no real leftovers which is always the best part! Darn it!

Happy Birthday to both of you, and thank you for sharing your day with the rest of us. What a wonderful gathering, and I LOVE Grumpy's mother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back