Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Pensacola
I'm new to the forum. I am 47 with a 23 and a 25 year old. My mom passed away from ALS in 2003 at the age of 55. I don't know how long she knew though. She only lived a couple months once we found out. At that time the told us it was not hereditary. Lately I have found out otherwise. Up until I read the article after joining the group about why am I here I was in panic. I have been having the muscle twitching, some speech slurring, and extra silava. Just praying its al psychological. The intro has given me hope. Although I am terrified. :(

Hi I am sorry about your mom. How did you find out it was FALS? Do you know the genetic defect?
Did your symptoms start soon after you found out? It can be pretty normal to start second guessing everything. I guess you read the DIHALS sticky? Is that what you referred to? There is one on the FALS subforum too if you care to glance at it.
You know from the sticky that generalized twitching is common and non specific. Saliva issues are usually relatively late. Who notices the slurring ? Is it intermittent?

I am the only one that is noticing. That's why I am praying its in my mind. I went to my GP doc 2 Weeks ago. She said if it made me feel better she would give me a referral for an Neuroligist. It's only been a couple months I have noticed these symptoms. I have only told my doctor. I will go back and read the Fals sticky

Hi Nikki I am so sorry to hear that. How old r u?

SKTAMMY: Don't worry until it's time to worry. And then, there's really nothing to do except take it day by day.

I've been surprised that the people with ALS here have a very good attitude toward day-to-day living and seem to report a relatively good quality of life. I hope you don't have ALS, of course, and I wish you the best of each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back