Loved one DX
Country
US
State
South Carolina
City
Goose Creek
Hi Everyone,

8 months ago, I lost my dear husband, friend, companion and thought I would never be able to endure life without my Husband.

I find strength, love, and wisdom on this forum. I come here when I feel the emptiness or loss of my loved one and find your strength and love.

Somehow through it all, I have endured Christmas, Mothers Day, My Birthday, and Fathers Day thus far. No one knows the pain you feel, only those that have experienced it

Thanks for remembering my birthday, how caring and thoughtful you are and you will never know how special that was to me. Each of you are so special to me with such love, knowledge, and strength which I admire so.

May God Bless each of you and keep you safe,

Caroliney:)

It will get better for you soon, Caroliney. Contact us anytime you feel alone! Cindy

Hi, Caroliney! You and I we have quite a bit in commom. I thought that i was never, ever going to get over losing my son. Well, here I am a year later. Sure I miss him, but there is this one thing that tells me He (Our Father) was the one that called him Home. He took him Home, and now He has given me peace and comfort. Tomorrow is, or would have been, my son's b'day. He would've hit the big 40! I am still going to be with him, at his grave, will spend some time there, and visit. But hey, when I come back home I will be feeling much better. God bless you friend. Gotta get ready for tomorrow!

Irma

Hello Caroliney,
I'm glad you can continue to find comfort here. You've reached and passed the place that those of us with our PALS spouses expect to eventually reach. Your post here gives courage for the time ahead without our spouses. It is so painful to anticipate that time, and yet I feel so fortunate to have time to prepare for this eventuality. I think the sudden death of a spouse must be particularly difficult to deal with; no chance to say good-bye and make wishes known. At least we CALS have that time.
I think the cycle of a year after losing one's loved one must ease the pain somewhat. I hope that is the case for you. You've already passed several annual milestones without your husband.
I wish peace for you as you go through the next months approaching the anniversary of your husband's passing. As the cycle repeats itself may you find continued peace and comfort.
Take care and thanks for the courage you exhibit and have given.
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back