jl73

Country
US
State
IL
City
Chicago
Hi,
I just wanted to say thanks to whomever posted tonic water. I had never heard of it. I found where it was sold, bought it, and started drinking it. I don't really have a set diagnosis, but I can say this. My cramps went away! Not for good but enough. I am happy to find such a simple thing that makes a difference. I was driving back on a long trip for me (4 hours), and my leg was getting so cramped that I wasn't sure I could keep touching the pedals. I had tonic water in the car and it did its magic. It is bitter and nasty tasting, but I don't care!
Thanks everyone.
BTW, is this one of those things you get immune to? You know, it stops working you need more and more?

The taste is mixed well with orange juice or apple cider. Dont try it with Gatorade ... blechhh .

I only drink it on bad days, so I do not see an increase.

what is tonic water supposed to do? My Mom suffers from extreme pain in her legs at times, and is hysterical. Does tonic water alleviate pain or twitching? How often do you drink it?

It the Quinine in the Tonic Water that help with charley horse type of cramping. Drink enough to help the cramping, it is a trial-and-error type of thing concerning the amount.

It MAY have been me who suggested it I am a strong advocate of using it..BUT lots of people on the forum know about it. I hate the taste also but add it to other flavours. my husband just noticed that quinine is also used in scheppes bitter lemon. As for what it helps. The person who told me about it, was a doctor friend, he said that he suggests it for all his elderly patients, it seems to help with arthritis and general aches and pains anyway. Worth trying whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back