Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Pennsville
I wanted to thank everyone for their condolences and words of support and encouragement during this most difficult time for me. Marv has been gone over a week and it still doesn't seem possible! You are all wonderful people and are so helpful! Marv's funeral was attended by over 450 people and the outpouring of concern and love re-enforced what the family knew, that Marv was very well liked by all who knew him.
We asked that contributions be sent to our ALS Chapter in Philadelphia and hopefully the contributions they receive will in some way help towards finding a cure. His sons plan to hold a golf outing in his name next year and in June of 2008 they will again participate in the Eileen Frank Foundation Bike Ride for ALS. This was their first year participating and they raised over $9,000. with an 8 member team. In 2008 TEAM NEWSOME will try to double that amount. I will continue to log on and read your threads and offer any help I can. Thanks again to everyone! Rae :-D

Rae, I am so sorry for your loss, your husband must have been an awesome man! What an accomplishment for your family to raise so much money for ALS research. Thank you for sharing your husband's memories with us and again, I am sorry for your loss, you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Michelle Thomas

Hi Rae- keep in touch and keep up the good work! It is sad to learn that another great family has been affected by htis horrible disease but you guys are channeling your grief in positive directions. Good for you! Cindy

Rae

My thoughts are with you as you go through this. Congrats on the fundraising.

Barb

thank you

Barbie4 said:
My thoughts are with you as you go through this. Congrats on the fundraising.

Barb

Rae,I wish you all the very best during this difficult time. A big hug from. EM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back