Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
OHIO
City
WINDHAM
This is Jeff Stanley's (aka Grumpy Old Coach) wife. I just wanted to thank you all for your words of wisdom. After 14-months, Jeff "won the battle" by going to be with our God on Thursday, July 5. Although I was mostly a "lurker" on this forum, I want you all to know how much information I found reading everyone's posts. Thank you. I will continue to pray for a cure and read this forum. If there is anything I can add along the way, I won't hesitate. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. Here is a link to an article about my "Grumpy Old Coach." http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/2237202

Bless you all.
Louie

Louie -

Thank you for sharing that tribute with us. So sorry for your loss. Jeff obviously made a big difference in the lives of many. Coaches are a special breed - I'm forever amazed at how much they give of themselves.

Liz

comfort

Louie, my heart and thoughts are with you and your four children tonight. Although we are strangers, we share ALS in common and I only wish for you, that knowing others are thinking of you gives you comfort.

Your "grumpy coach" sounded like a very wonderful man.

with my sympathy,

Barb

Hello Louie. When Jeff first joined our forum he contacted me by private message before posting on the public forum. He told me that he wasn't really all that grumpy and we conversed back and forth for a while. While we never met I am sure he was a special man. My condolences to you and your family.
AL.

Hello Louie- I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family tonight. Cndy

Dear Louie and family, what a beautiful article, a great tribute to a genuinely wonderful person who was your husband, father and friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sincerely, Holly

Dear Louie

Your husband sounded like an amazing man....a great husband....and a very caring father. My deepest sympathy on your loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today. Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful article, it was very touching, your husband must have been one amaizing man!

Michelle

Tribute To

Louie,

'work hard, play harder and love unconditionally.' (from your article)

Whew! What a moto for Jeff to live life by.

I'm still crying....

...remembering the saying, "People will forget what we said, they won't all know what we did, but they will always remember how they felt in our presence." My husband and I send our tribute to Jeff as well.

Frizzel

Louie,

God bless you in your time of sorrow, grief and healing. The article brought tears to my eyes, what a beautiful tribute. Jeff was obviously neither grumpy nor old, but a coach to so many, in many ways -- I am sure he left an indelible imprint on many lives...what a beautiful legacy. Please be very good to yourself. You, Kyle and the rest of your family are in my prayers. Sharon

Louie,

You were blessed with a wonderful man. In the coming days and months ahead, my prayer for you will be that God brings warm memories of happy times to your heart and mind as you and your family travel together down that winding road of grief and sorrow.

Please know that we all weep with you.

God bless you,
Jeanne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back