Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
US
State
CT
City
Niantic
To thank everyone on this forum who ever answered a question, shared in the pain, took the time to console or just shared in the experience whether it be difficulties or joys. Phil and I took great comfort in knowing we were not alone. I am most thankful that we did not anticipate that the time had actually come. It seemed so soon. We never saw it coming.
I am grateful my beloved needs not suffer anymore. Phil Kensel passed at approximately 11:15 PM EST. He was surrounded by those who knew and loved him most. Myself and our wonderful friends. As the day passed from one to the next our special friends passed through our home in the wee hours of the morning to offer their final goodbyes to a man who was known as a friend to all.

Sincerely Pat Kensel Madona

“Something has spoken to me in the night...and told me that I shall die, I know not where. Saying: "[Death is] to lose the earth you know for greater knowing; to lose the life you have, for greater life; to leave the friends you loved, for greater loving; to find a land more kind than home, more large than earth.”
― Thomas Wolfe

Pat, I am so sorry for your life, but glad that Phil is done with the pain and suffering. We have been blessed to know these amazing people that graced us with their love and strength. I pray that your sorrow not be too deep and too very long. Please stay in touch, and let us know if we can give you any emotional support.

Paulette

Oh Pat, I am so very sorry for your loss of Phil. My heart aches for you while it is warmed by the knowledge that you and he are surrounded by beloved friends.

I can't offer any advice, only my heart.

Sherry

> Phil Kensel passed at approximately 11:15 PM EST. He was surrounded by those who knew and loved him most. Myself and our wonderful friends. As the day passed from one to the next our special friends passed through our home in the wee hours of the morning to offer their final goodbyes to a man who was known as a friend to all.

Hi, Pat -- our condolences

My heart goes out to you, Pat. I hope his newfound freedom helps bring you comfort.

So sorry for your loss Pat, thinking of you

Oh Pat, you have given so much here too, your gentle and kind soul has always shone through so brightly. Now Phil is at peace, he is set free from the monster and I know you will find some comfort in knowing that you gave him your love and care right to that end.

Biggest hugs to you my friend

My heartfelt condolences to you, Pat. May you abound in peace and strength as you press on without your precious Phil.

My heartfelt condolences are with you at this difficult time. Find peace in knowing his journey is over and hold on the the special memories that you shared. Love and hugs.

Debbie

I am so sorry about your husband.

Trina

Sweet comfort to you Pat. Heartfelt sadness for your loss. Thankyou for sharing such a thought provoking quote, during such a personally emotional time. You always are a generous soul.

OMG Pat, I am so shocked by your loss. I would have never expected it. I am so sorry, and I hope that you find peace in knowing that your dear husband is not suffering, and that you did so much to help him thru this disease.

Big hug, I love you!

deepest condolences Pat to you and your famiy

Pat,
Phil was lucky all the years he had you in his life. Best wishes in embarking on the next stage of yours.

--Laurie

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest condolences. Peace and strength to you and yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back