00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Sacramento
Hello everyone,

I've had a rough couple days. It started with a significant pain in my lower right leg a day after working out for the first time in 6 weeks as I had a nasty viral infection. That didn't last too long, but it turned into a feeling of weakness in my lower leg and lower arm, emanating out from my ankle and wrist respectively. I also had some wrist pain upon pressure like doing a pushup.

Anyway, it didn't get better, and I kept feeling weak on that side. I was able to do everything I normally do: ride my bike every day, go to the gym, play softball, pick up my son, etc. It was just this strange sensation of weakness. I also developed lots of fasciculations on my right calf and foot, and some in my left calf. None in my upper body. I felt like my grip was getting weather. My right leg and arm just felt tired and heavy. My fingers felt slower than normal. So I start searching the Google, and these ALS sites come up that say it starts with weakness and fasciculations and of course my anxiety goes THROUGH THE ROOF. I am an anxious-health person. When a dropped a chip – was that ALS?? Is my gait off?? Does one foot look more atrophied than the other?? So much questioning.

I had my wife, who is a nurse, do all the neurological tests I could find. Pulled, pulled, etc. I walked on my toes. Walked on my heels. Jumped up and down on one foot. Jumped up the stars. Everything checked out.

But I was still scared. More and more and more googling. Panic. Not sleeping. And then I come across this site and start reading from those of you who have taken the time to share your insights about ALS, for the benefit of those of us who

So I just wanted to say, THANK YOU for taking the time. Sincerely. It's delivered me from a state of panic. From what I have learned about ALS in these could days, it gives me nothing but incredible respect and admiration for those of you going through it. Your courage is astounding.

From what I have read on this forum, it doesn't seem like what I'm experiencing is likely to be ALS. I still have GP appointment next week to find out what's going on. Thank you all, sincerely, for sharing you information and giving your time.

ATL

Good for you!

We hope your appointment goes well and that its nothing serious!

No signs of ALS. Stay away from the internet, leave diagnosing to your doctor.

If you can't take the answer, don't ask the question.

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back