Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Dallas
I want to say thank you to everyone for all of your assistance and comments. I'm sorry if we bothered any of you I understand that you are dealing with this illness as best as you all can and I admire your strength. If anyone cared for the update we saw our final neurologist and he said no Als period. He said there are signs of muscle breakdown.
His suggestion is that it is some type of myopathy I believe that's how you spell it. Especially because of the high ck levels so we will start working on testing which type it is. But thank you all for responding to us and giving us some of your time.
We will move on but I will keep you and your families in my prayers God bless you all.

Bella

Attachments

• 20190109_114548.jpg
    20190109_114548.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 284
Many myopathies are treatable. It may come down to a muscle biopsy. Polymyositis is the most common one to affect muscles of the upper arms, upper legs and neck. It is treatable.

Best of luck.

Thank you so much does a muscle biopsy mean definitely no als

He doesn’t have ALS. They can tell that from the history and EMG. Please let go of ALS once and for all.
The muscle biopsy helps distinguish the various types of myopathies from one another. Myopathy is a muscle disease. ALS is a brain disease. They’re very, very different.

He was just asking. Thank you for replying back you all have been a great help I am ready to let this go and I believe he finally is too

This is good news, Bella. Your husband does not have ALS and this gift of a treatable health issue should have the both of you singing and dancing. I do hope you let this deep and utter fascination of having your husband diagnosed with the worst disease on earth finally go.

I dont expect to see further posts from you as there is no need. I do also hope, for your mental well being, that you can move away from this site and stop centering your days pouring over threads. This is not a healthy site for those fixated on terminal illnesses.

Good luck to you both in your lives and take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back