11/2016
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Houston
Hello All,

I need information on how to get Medicaid for my Dad who is 4 years into ALS. He already has Medicare but we need help with a CNA or assistant to help us at home with him. Were running dry and need help. We are in Houston, TX. Any help with information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

From what i understood in this article, this is a case study, dont know if this is offered at the moment. I did not see any information on how to obtain this service. However, it did provide information.

Thank You

Thanks so much Nikki, your link sent me to the same place i ended up at. Different path, same objective.

Last edited:
I found that by searching agingcare.com, it gives you a good guide on how to go about it. This is for others in need of information.

I found the Houston, TX area website.

Ill update with more information.

New update... For medicaid application you have to go to Your Texas Benefits
The other links were helpful in providing information. We were always cautious of medicaid since we understood your house would then be owned by them. But we were wrong, assets like your home and car are not up for grabs for them.

Hi Nightowl. I believe all states have a Medicaid Estate Recovery program of some sort. How did you find out that your situation exempts you from Medicaid Estate Recovery?

In Texas, at least, I believe ownership of your home can be transferred to avoid MERP. It is always advised to consult with an eldercare attorney to make sure you are protecting yourself, as every state is different. And there are frequent legislative changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back