tetanus shot and als?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had a tetanus shot in 10 years. I haven't had a head injury in 30 years. But now I have ALS. One thing doesn't "cause" another unless it happens every time. Forget about it. Get on with your life.

Pappy

That is so not true People are exposed to all different viruses and Bacterias And some people get sick and some dont. People get injections everyday Some get reactions some dont. People eat food everyday some get reactons some dont .We are all predisposed to certain sickness I am not saying ALS is cause by a tetnus shot However it can trigger the disaese in some people as does asian orange chemical to spray to spray crops bugs ,and yet most people exposed to it dont get ALS so explain that. You may not know you were expose to something and maybe yours was inherited something had to trigger this disease The scientist are working on that and have similar ideas if you been reading up on causes of ALS Pat

I just today received a tetanus booster shot at my doctor's office. About an hour later, the tips of my fingers and toes went tingly numb and feel very cold. Knowing that numb finger tips and toes are an early sign of ALS, I googled "tetanus vaccine and ALS" and was surprised to see that there is a forum on this! What's going on?

Paul-
Numb finger tips & toes are NOT an early sign of ALS!

Hey wait a minute, I was outside today and had numb fingers and toes! Is it ALS or is it -40? Now I'm inside and my numbness is gone!

Last edited:
There always has to be concern for side effects with vaccinations but this whole anti-vaccination movement in our society is getting out of hand. Vaccinations save a lot of lives. Diseases like tetanus are bad as well.

My sister had a tetanus (and polio, and diphtheria) shot and about 15 - 30 days (february 07) started to develop ALS symptoms and She was ALS diagnosed some months later.

This post is quite interesting and if there are more people who have developed ALS symptoms after a shot of tetanus vaccine, it´d be interesting to know about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back