Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
OHIO
City
Wickliffe
just wondering if anyone else has had theses shots and if they helped at all and how so? Also does ALS show up on an brain MRI with contrast? Thanks

ALS does not show up on a brain scan with contrast unless perhaps in the very latest stages. Certainly not at the beginning or middle. I have not had testosterone shots nor do I plan to. :)

i started taking igf-1 long r3. just started but i will keep you posted if i see any benefit.

Testosterone shots for women? Doesn't that have some side effects like mustaches, beards and over abundance of pit hair? Shoot me! Go ahead and just shoot me...:lol:

Let me tell you all ,if those shots made me better I would learn how to
shave real quick:lol:

Pat

I do not think the shots will help, but then like someone else said on here; If eating dog dodo will help me get better, fill up the plate. :lol:

Last edited:
hi Sebastian please send me email from where you purchased igf-1 long r3 i have been scamed a couple of times
thanks
chris
[email protected]

Our MD indicated that Testosterone levels in ALS patients is significantly lower than a healthy male. A blood tested showed a level about 1/4 the norm. He has been on injections and has less mood swings and less labile. I am looking for an article to read about this. Suggestions?

Gee, I always thought that one of the effects of a drop in testosterone was a decreased libido. :wink::wink: Something is wrong with the ALS/low testosterone connection if that is the case, just speaking for myself of course.

Barry-
Are you bragging?

Mare, I'm not bragging at all! :cool::cool:

BTW, I love your avatar, that is exactly how I feel sometimes.

Last edited:
If you look at my family album, you will understand what I have been known to say about Jim: "He doesn't waste his testosterone growing hair!"

Why would you get shots? Testosterone can be in cream form from a pharmacy with a prescription and just rubbed on... in a place where you don't mind hair growing. I've been taking bio-identical hormones for seven years, originally for bone density, and there's always been a small amount of testosterone in what ever form I've used. I've had it in capsules together with tri-est and progesterone as well as in the hormone cream. Got to get your blood tested though for levels. Too much of these hormones will cause you to stop producing other hormones which includes your thyroid production due to something called "sex hormone binding globulin" rising, and shutting off the others. I used to have blood work every six months to check. "Loving Wife", I don't know about the cause and effect, but my mood is rarely "down".
Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back