Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
OH
City
Columbus
Hi, I am a 22 year old male and i am stressing that i might have anxiety. For the past week i have had right leg and arm weakness feelings. I have also had twitches all over my body which I have never experienced before. I am still able to grip things and walk normally, and i have been able to do things like pushups and squats.

My legs have also experienced muscle stiffness and just an odd feeling of my leg and foot and am worried that i am developing ALS because i have never experienced any of these symptoms before. I have scheduled an appointment with my GP for later in the week so hopefully he can shed some light on what i am experiencing. I am just terrified that I might have ALS and I cannot shake this feeling out of my mind. This is truly a devastating disease and I feel for all of those affected by this disease.

Thank you

Feelings and twitches as you describe are not symptoms of ALS. ALS is the loss of the ability to physically do things. I am sure your GP will reassure you. Meanwhile, remember that many people have twitches even on a regular basis, and odd feelings from tweaking muscles, sleeping poorly, etc. usually get better on their own.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
I think maybe you were right when you said you may have anxiety. I don't hear ALS in your post. With ALS, things fail, my husband didn't know anything was wrong until his muscle failed.

Still here? No need. Nothing you described has anything to do with ALS. Seriously.

Buckeye,

If (if) you Vape which is a new soaring habit for teens, 20, 30 year olds Mayo
and other renown medical institutes are discovering a link to anxiety symptoms
including BFS to vaping.

Various symptoms, such as strong cravings, anxiety, weakness, restlessness,
difficulty concentrating, depressed mood and BFS (twitches).

(BFS is probably one of the most predominate symptom of health anxiety.)

We are seeing a considerable number of teens, 20 and 30 year old posters
to which most are really just burdened with health anxiety disorder.

Again, if you are Vaping... read up about it.

Last edited:
Hey everyone i just returned from my GP, he said i look healthy and not to worry because i was letting my anxiety run my life. He prescribed me some meds and told me to stop worrying.

Thank you everyone for their responses i really appreciated the feedback you all gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back