Not open for further replies.

Velguy

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
These symptoms have been happening since roughly mid January.
1.Muscle Twitching for no longer then 1 min at a time,these twitches happen from time to time at random, sometimes in my arm sometimes in my leg sometimes in my cheek.

2.Arms legs etc trembling/shaking if i try to lift myself up on a wall with my arms my whole arm trembles and shakes like crazy. If i squeeze my toes together they tremble shake like crazy. If i try to walk on toes or heels the trembling/shaking is also present.

3.Wierd feelings. These mostly happen at night when im trying to sleep this feeling is like someone touching you but with light pain, kind of a feeling of pressure or squeezing (i Can't describe it well) this lasts for max of 1 min and comes and goes at random.

4. Feet feel stiff especially my right foot, and sometimes on my right foot i can barely feel or move my toes.When im walking one of my feet feel stiff and walking with it feels unnatural.

All of this has caused me huge worry and anxiety to the point where im scared of seeing a doctor i try to tell my mother but she thinks its caused by stress and that its in my head.
btw thanks for taking the time to read this.

I don't think you have any concerns from an ALS standpoint, but there is no reason not to see a GP on line or in person to talk through some of this. They can even "test" your strength on video somewhat. So you can tell your mother that it's important to see someone, if only for reassurance. But you must be prepared to hear if there's nothing that seems serious (which is all good!), and to seek counseling as your GP may recommend, if your anxiety is out of proportion to your health problems.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back