PALS
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Loveland
Hi, I'm Lisa.

I've reciently been dignosed with PLS or a slow progressive form of ALS.

I was wondering if there were any research projects for these conditions. I've tried to get into NIH, they had a study on PLS, but I was rejected due to my cervical discectomy and fusion. NIH wanted a "natural" progression of PLS. Could the surgery I had cause PLS?

Hi Lis-welcome to the forum but sorry for the reason you are here. You are asking some good questions-keep them coming! We've had a lot of speculation around here on what causes either PLS or ALS. Since nobody knows what causes it or how to cure it it's all one big question mark, I suppose. BTW, how are you feeling? Is the family coping OK? Cindy

Hi Lis, welcome to the forum. I hope you can find some answers to those questions.

God Bless
Capt AL

I have no problems when I am seated, I do drive still. I'm falling less because I move slower, and hang onto whatever will support me. Neuro Doc and hubby want me in a wheelchair, but chasing my wheeled walker is the only exercise I get these days. Hubby is NOT a patient, compassionate, or empathetic person, so I ask little of him. My biggest problem is mental. How can someone as active and healthy as me (a 3rd degree Black belt in Tae Kwon Do) contract something like this?

Hi LIS. I believe we call it pure dumb bad luck. Or the wrath of God if that is your inclination or part of his master plan. There's a myriad of reasons but no one really knows why. The best advice we can give is try to stay positive and take it one day at a time.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back