Diagnosis
04/2019
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Pierce
My PT recommended to me that a TEN's (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) would help with cramping pain. Does anyone use this device and could recommend a brand? I see different manufacturers.

My husband was prescribed Baclofen to help with the painful and almost continual cramping. It has done wonders! Sorry but we have no experience with using a TENS device for that.

Thank you for your input Joyce. Unfortunately I don't do well with pain meds or muscle relaxers. I'm working with my neurologist. I've doubled up on my magnesium and added tonic with quinine. That seems to have helped for now.

My husband (PALS) bought a TENs device, a Bemer for $6000. Did not help one bit.

I didn't spend near that amount. Amazon has the tens 7000 for $28.99. The lowest setting does provide relief for me.

do let us know how it goes please Lisa as any relief without drugs is a positive 💚 we never tried anything like that so I hadn't commented earlier 😊

I'm glad you found some relief, Lisa! I just hate to see people chasing expensive "cures". Hope it continues to work for you!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 so far using the tens machine, taking alittle more than 440mg of magnesium glycinate a day and drinking lo-calorie tonic with quinine has eased my arm pain. My arm hasn't locked up in a few days. Will it help long term? I don't know but I'm grateful for the relief now. Anything to keep me off another prescription is worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back