Status
Not open for further replies.
Geo Done Your Homework?

Ask yourself this for a moment.
How long have you been here?
How many posts have you read?

We have read thousands.
We have spent years researching everything about ALS, PLS, and MND.

AL has been here for years as have many others of us. Look at the number of posts we have made by our names.

We have new people who come on this forum about 5 to 10 a week trying to scam our friends and fellow members of this ALS community. We know what works and what does not work and yet we are open to discuss many things that will help us.

If you had spent just one week looking at the search icon under scams and scammers you would have found out that we as a group are sick and tired, and DYING.

Yet we focus of living each and every day to the best of our abilities. We do not want to put up with anymore
junk from people. So we are very suspicious when anyone after their first few posts begins to give us advice about buying anything to help us, especially if they get mad when we question their motives. That is a normal reaction we usually get from scammers. I'm not saying you are a scammer, I'm just trying to give you a long time members viewpoint on how you came across.

I have a tens unit myself and it in no way helps my ALS. Nor does stem cell transplants, nor organic diets, acupuncture, nor ANYTHING. THERE IS NO CURE OR TREATMENT FOR ALS AS OF THIS TIME. We all hope and pray for a miracle break through any day now, but there has not been one.

We have had years to research everything possible for help. I'm sorry you are offend by our response, but you offend me. Do you not give us any credit for any intelligence at all?

If you get that chip off your shoulder and read and listen awhile, you might feel the true nature of the wonderful, loving, kind, generous, and supportive people that are on this forum. If you do not want to do that, then fine. That is your choice.

Capt AL

I'd sooner offend one person that may be trying to push his wares here than let down the other 3000 persons on this forum. 3000 is not a correct number because so many have died from these terrible diseases. One time posters that put up a link and then squeal like a stuck pig when we challenge them just put me right off my corn flakes.
AL.

Goerge-let's re-focus this discussion. If you have an MND then I am sure it affects you and the family terribly. I wish you well with coping with this terrible disease. How is your family doing? Hopefully you do not have young children. It seems to be harder on those with young children.

I say this to welcome you to the intent of this board and to recognize your illness for what it is: something terrible for all of your family. Cindy

Al said:
Well you go ahead and call me a skeptic because I just checked and our good friend GEO joined on the 24th posted and hasn't been back. Just seems strange to me that we are getting all these first time posters wanting to tell us about these wonderous gadgets and treatments. Now you've been around for a while and have left some good information before. "If you came up with that idea I wouldn't be anywhere near as skeptical. See what I'm trying to get at here?"

IF YOU READ IN THE QUOTATION MARKS ABOVE YOU CAN SEE WHERE I GET THE( ALS LITTLE CLUB) PART" CAN'T TRUST THOSE OUTSIDERS NOW CAN WE ". THIS IS A REAL SHAME ,AND I THAUGHT I NEEDED SUPPORT . WITH SUPPORT LIKE THIS I GEUSS I DONT NEED IT .MY FRIENDS AT MDA WILL BE READING ALL THESE POSTS .

Oh great. Now he's threatening to tell MDA how mean we are. Some people just DON'T GET IT.
Don't come here as a first time poster, dump a link and expect us to welcome you with open arms.
Here you earn trust and respect.
You don't come here demanding it.
So I would ask that you settle down, read some posts by others afflicted by the different diseases here and we'll try to put this behind us. I will not spend anymore time defending myself or this site from personal attacks. I have a certain amount of time I can spend here without getting tired out. I've been unable to read some of the other posts because of dealing with this issue. I'm finished George. Hopefully you are too.
AL.

Last edited:
George- If you have MND is will soon be affecting you in ways you probably cannot imagine right now. Spend these days wisely, making memories with your friends and family and preparing for your future. Don't waste another minute on this argument - your time as a healthy person is too precious for that.

Look at it this way- you posted your information. It is there for anyone who seeks it. You don't need anybody to endorse it. The wise and knowlegable members on this forum can make up there own minds. So now you can move on.

BTW- I asked you how your family was coping with your DX. I invite you to tell us how you manage working, if you haven't had to give it up. there must be a million issues on your mind, as an MND sufferer, besides what we think about the treatment you favor. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back