Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
RUS
State
Russia
City
Samara
Hi guys . I'm from Russia . Sorry for my English . Please tell me whether there is in ALS autonomic disorders . I read that in ALS, there is increasing sympathetic activity . I all started with the sudden tachycardia at night . Then a week later the foot cramp and then started everywhere fasciculation . Prior to this year I used sports nutrition protein gainer amino acids . I am 23 years old .

Tell us what you can do and can't do. Are your hands and feet working OK? Have you seen a doctor?

tell us what you can do and can't do. Are your hands and feet working ok? Have you seen a doctor?
All this lasts for three years . It all started abruptly . Tachycardia night then tingling in hands and feet due to vasoconstriction of the skin . Then there was a jerking in the hands and feet . Now the fasciculations have spread everywhere . Clinical weakness yet only have seizures during exercise . And decrease one calf muscle which was originally a cramp in the night . Muscles symmetrically throughout the body decreased but clinical weakness is not

You haven't really answered the questions.

Can you walk?
Can you run?
Can you brush your teeth?
Is there anything you absolutely, positively CANNOT do at this point that you have always been able to in the past?
HAVE YOU SEEN A DOCTOR regarding your symptoms and concerns?

In conjunction with seeing a doctor, I would discontinue the protein supplements if you haven't already. They can overtax your kidneys, anong other things.

Best,
Laurie

You haven't really answered the questions.

Can you walk?
Can you run?
Can you brush your teeth?
Is there anything you absolutely, positively CANNOT do at this point that you have always been able to in the past?
HAVE YOU SEEN A DOCTOR regarding your symptoms and concerns?
paresis are absent . But all the muscles symmetrically minimally decreased and when the load reduces . And right calf I have less the left 1 cm . Plus I have due to sympathetic hyperactivity of the blood vessels are narrowed and paresthesias . Fasciculations everywhere . On EMG there is denervation .

Isn´t that late stage in the disease?
in a lot of online work where they write that sympathetic hyperactivity is present from the beginning . I have vessels in the skin contraction everywhere . Read a paper where they write that patients with the bass there is a hypersensitivity of the vessels and the change in sympathetic skin potential .

If you had an EMG what did the doctor tell you? You have done a lot of reading and that normally is not the best thing to do.

So based on your responses, it appears you CAN walk and do normal activity. So what has your doctor determined based on the tests run to date?

so based on your responses, it appears you can walk and do normal activity. So what has your doctor determined based on the tests run to date?
The doctors don't see at the moment of neurological deficits on clinical examination but in every muscle there is a change of potentials of motor units is all on the latest EMG . ON the previous EMG in hand revealed denervation and other muscles just fasciculation . Plus fasciculations I have periodically caused by tapping .

It does not sound at all like ALS and based on your young age, it would be EXTREMELY unlikely which should make you feel better.

What has your doctor suggested as next steps?

It does not sound at all like ALS and based on your young age, it would be EXTREMELY unlikely which should make you feel better.

What has your doctor suggested as next steps?
the doctor said that it is necessary to repeat EMG in 3-6 months . He said that what the process is but what is not know yet . Initially, I decreased the duration of motor unit potentials on EMG 2 years ago now they are growing . Controlled in Moscow at the Institute of neurology is one of the best institutions in the country. but My EMG is not normal in every muscle fasciculation and a change of potentials of motor units...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back