Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Has anyone in later stage had episodes of teeth breaking? A friend that passed away Fri. morning has had a lot of his teeth breaking and chipping lately. I was talking to his wife today and she asked me about it. I can't say I remember it so said I'd ask.

AL.

I'm not in late stage, but thought I'd share from personal experience anyway if that's okay. Stress can cause grinding--even in sleep, but also when awake. Over time there are cracks that form... it may take years. This happened to me back in '81 during a period of stress, and about 7 years ago the cracking increased to the point of needing root canals and crowns on several teeth, over a period of these years.

Thanks. All answers are appreciated.

AL.

Al,

The acid in your stomach can cause problem with your teeth, I don't know if he had acid reflex.

I definitely believe extreme Jaw Jerk, UMN symptom could cause some of this. My teeth snap shut sometimes and I have come close to chipping a tooth. Great the one thing I ws thinking would stay nice, and low and behold als is coming for them.. Trying to laugh through it all.. LOL

Another possible contributor is dry mouth, for those who use anti-saliva meds. Saliva helps keep the teeth clean of harmful bacteria, and when you have less saliva, your teeth can weaken. There could be many small situations going on that might damage the teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back