Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Akron
Hi I am only 17 years old but it has been already 9 months since i felt these symptoms that are getting worse and worse

It started when my right back neck started to felt heavy I thought it was only stiff neck but after that

I started to feel Dizzy and Nauseated so I thought I had a brain tumor because of these symptoms so that's why I went to the Neurologist

So she said get an MRI but It's gonna be a wasted of time

So we got an MRI and It's clear and after that the Brain Tumor scare went off for a while

When my twitching started that's the point I got scared of ALS

So in early December I noticed that I am slurring words like I am not drunk but sometimes before I start a sentence I kind of Stutter the first word or something
Then, I looked at the mirror i noticed my tongue is twitching and fasciculation and now my slurring is starting to get worst i am really scared that this might be ALS
I already went to a 2 Neurologist in December to check my tongue and they said it was all normal and nothing to worry but I think it's getting worst now especially when
I read some sentence i stutter or I struggle to say a word please help me I am really scared at this point of time.

Thank you for your time

Scared, relax, you don't have ALS.

You did not describe anything like ALS in your post.

Your symptoms have nothing to do with ALS.

You've been seen by 2 (3?) neurologists and they said you were normal. This means you're fine.

Doctors are really, really smart. They know what they're doing. And I know ALS fairly well, and you don't have it.

So, young ScaredTeen, it's time to quit thinking about ALS.

Our website only deals with ALS and nothing else. So if you've got nervous stress and anxiety caused your problems, you'll need to find another website to ask about that.

If you're still concerned, ask your mom to take you to a GP medical doctor. They are trained and experienced in leading health investigations to whatever specialty might be needed.

Sometimes when I read a sentence i struggle to say the word or get stuck in that word is this something to be scared off?

It sounds like you have a severe case of anxiety. If I were you I'd go back to my primary care doctor and tell him/her what you posted. There is help for stress-related symptoms. It is not here.

I don't really think it's Anxiety because my speaking is getting worst and worst

I don't really think it's Anxiety because my speaking is getting worst and worst

Whatever it is, it isn't ALS, so you're not going to find your answers here.

Are you sure? Because my tongue is going crazy it's moving on its own and it look like there are worms in it I also have teethmark in both side of my tongue

Are you sure? Because my tongue is going crazy it's moving on its own and it look like there are worms in it I also have teethmark in both side of my tongue

Yeah, that's called bruxism. Comes from anxiety.

My teeth are not grinding and I am stumbling in words when I'm reading or talking isn't this a bulbar symptom?

Scared my husband passed away from bulbar onset ALS.

It was NOTHING like what you are describing.

Please take this out and show mum and dad right now and get to a doctor for help with your anxiety.

All the best honey

Nope. And I'm not gonna tell you the actual symptoms of Bulbar, because I'm afraid you'll suddenly "get" them all.

ScaredTeened, I know you're really concerned, but you're barking up the wrong tree, possibly obsessed with a rare incurable fatal disease. If you want to fix this...whatever it is, see your family doctor. If you stick around here, I'm going to consider you a troll. It's rude to take up our time when there are hundreds of people here who are actually dealing with ALS.

Nope. And I'm not gonna tell you the actual symptoms of Bulbar, because I'm afraid you'll suddenly "get" them all.

ScaredTeened, I know you're really concerned, but you're barking up the wrong tree, possibly obsessed with a rare incurable fatal disease. If you want to fix this...whatever it is, see your family doctor. If you stick around here, I'm going to consider you a troll. It's rude to take up our time when there are hundreds of people here who are actually dealing with ALS.

Here's a video please take a look at my tongue: Tongue Fasciculation? - YouTube

Normal tongue in every way.

It does the same when it's inside my mouth or when it's resting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back