Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
CA
City
Claremont
I am probably going to get a tat on my vacation in Hawaii (NEXT WEEK!) and was just wondering if there is any medical issue why I shouldn't get a tattoo on my leg which isn't fasiculating yet. If I asked for one on my arm, the twitching would scare the tattoo artist away!

And the tattoo is going to say what? Have fun in Hawaii.

Sharonca

Not sure what it will be or say, I hope to be inspired there! :mrgreen:

Whatever is says, I bet it will bring a chuckle to all who see it. You'll have to post a photo when you get back. enjoy your vacation!

One question I have been repeatedly asked at the neuro clinic is if I have any tatoos - is there some reasons that one should not have a tatoo done? Is there something in the ink that the docs look for? Just an observation.:?

This is just a guess. Does the ink have anything toxic in it? Research has been leaning towards toxic exposure to chemicals as a link to ALS. Could be why he asked. Also there have been reports of reuse of needles causing health problems. I can see their concern.
AL.

ahhh

If that's true, I am in trouble! I have more than my fair share of tattoos and was an exterminator for a living for a year or so!
PDaddy, enjoy your vacation and your new tatt! I hear salt water makes tattoos heal beautifully!

tatts

Have a great trip!
When you get your tatt. The artist Has to tell you what the ink is base from. All my ink is all naturally based. I'm littered with tatts. You may find one is not enough. Recently my
both my childrens names on my left arm. Tatts are a very gratifying act for me. they
are a constant reminder of what i hold dear to my heart. my first one was just a short measage. It now seems to define me."fear no evil". My next one will also be a short
sentence. "live life like tomorrow will never come". truely words to live by.
"hang loose" If you can't be good. Be good at it!
peace out......jimmig.

Hope vacation was fun!
Tattoos can defiantely be habit forming.Let us know what you got- if not too personal :eek:)

My husband and I are getting matching tats next week to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We are getting an African symbol for perseverance!

Have a great vacation!

I'M BACK! We had the best vacation we ever had! My tattoo came out great, I will post a shot later. The only issue was, the tat was around my ankle, and I flinched several times, but the artist said it was normal.?

Welcome Back!

Sharonca

awesome Pdaddy! can't wait to see the picture! I got my tattoo today, also around my ankle. My husband and I got matching ones- an african symbol (aya) for perseverance to commemorate 15 yrs of marriage! :eek:) I was worried I might twitch there, too- but I didn't. I tried hard not to flinch since my nephew is an apprentice tatooist-lol,but also got it in my unaffected leg.

You should tell us about your Hawaiin vacation! Glad you had a great time.

Enjoy!

I hope you enjoyed your Vacation! I need one. But I don't see one in sight. I am on call for Tim24/7. I would never leave Tim. I will sit by my pool and pretend I am on vacation.

Lorie

My daughter got a small turtle on her ankle at 18 and son got black panther on shoulder at 21. Wife Lee thought it would be cute to have a rose done on her breast. Not being a big fan of the idea I said " Oh and what's it going to look like when you're sixty and saggy"? Without missing a beat she says well then I'll have a long stemmed rose! She didn't get it after finding out the guy would have to hold her breast for an hour or so. Just a funny thing that happened on the way to the forum.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back