Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Highlands
If you haven't checked out Tim's video series- his latest episode tells the story of his Swallow Tattoo and how all of his friends started getting them in support & to honor him and his Mom who was taken by ALS.
Now many people across the ALS Community are getting them too and it's pretty cool to see. Even if you're not into tat's, you can appreciate the love.
YouTube- Often Awesome The Series - Episode 7: Birds Of A Feather
If you are into tattoo's, you can e-mail him and he'll send you the artwork.

A couple of weeks ago my oldest daughter Joanne had "And death i think is no parenthesis" tattooed on her hip in honor of her mother Liz, who passed away on November 23, 2009. It's from an ee cummings poem titled "since feeling is first", I had never heard either that line or the poem itself before. I think it honors Liz in a very personal and intimate way. Joanne just turned 18 and she actually waited until after her birthday to get the tattoo because she didn't think I would allow it. I think she doesn't quite understand me. I am, frankly, very proud of her and her decision to do something so permanent in memory of her MOM.

Dick

A daughter to be proud of...........

I am soooo proud of every one of them. It's probably a good thing Liz didn't get sick when they were little. I feel I'm inadequate to the task of raising them to anything like their potential.

You know..have never been the tatoo type..but something like ALS is such a permanent fixture in ones life....I may consider.

If you are into tattoo's, you can e-mail him and he'll send you the artwork.[/quote]

Where do we find the video series?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. I want one but I am such a Chicken!

You can see the whole series at YouTube starting with the first episode:

YouTube- Often Awesome The Series : Episode 1 : Diagnosis

Every episode is inspiring & uplifting!

A lot of friends on FB have decided to get one (small) swallow tattoo, so if your scared- get a smally and just do it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE it... I joined the facebook group and LOVE the sparrows. I'm in! I've also wanted a tattoo and never knew what to get... now I know.

I'm going for my tattoo consult tonight! Printed out what I want (swallows) and going to have it sketched. I'll send pictures.

Had my consult... paid my deposit... going July 9th for the tattoo!

I did it... Got my Solidarity Tattoo today and I LOVE IT!
I'm going to attempt to post a photo to my profile. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back