Talking behind her back

AngelMZ

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
10/2019
Country
US
Here's a cute thing I wanted to share today with a little context. Mom is now mostly bed-ridden with ALS (she hasn't gotten in her mobility chair for over 2 weeks). And she's been having issues with her hearing. We took her to an audiologist a few weeks back who removed a bunch of gunk from her left ear and now she can hear much better. The social worker visited us last Friday and asked about the audiology appointment. I happily explained the improved hearing and added, "but now we can't talk behind her back." The social worker laughed a little, but mom, who normally laughs at silly jokes, did NOT laugh. I quickly added, "Just kidding." Later, I apologized to mom for the poor humor, never at all meaning to offend her in any way. "It was," I explained, "my poor attempt to be funny, and it was an epic fail." Mom motioned for her dry erase board and wrote, "I wasn't upset. I just thought that if you all want to talk behind my back you'll have to crowd under my bed."
Now, who's the funny one?

jonico

Distinguished member
Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
NY
City
Central
Love it, Angel

beauty4everyone

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
US
State
GA
City
Someplace
That was a great 💡 come back. How wonderful to have a mother with such a great sense of humor😄. B😎