Not open for further replies.

AngelMZ

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
10/2019
Country
US
Here's a cute thing I wanted to share today with a little context. Mom is now mostly bed-ridden with ALS (she hasn't gotten in her mobility chair for over 2 weeks). And she's been having issues with her hearing. We took her to an audiologist a few weeks back who removed a bunch of gunk from her left ear and now she can hear much better. The social worker visited us last Friday and asked about the audiology appointment. I happily explained the improved hearing and added, "but now we can't talk behind her back." The social worker laughed a little, but mom, who normally laughs at silly jokes, did NOT laugh. I quickly added, "Just kidding." Later, I apologized to mom for the poor humor, never at all meaning to offend her in any way. "It was," I explained, "my poor attempt to be funny, and it was an epic fail." Mom motioned for her dry erase board and wrote, "I wasn't upset. I just thought that if you all want to talk behind my back you'll have to crowd under my bed."
Now, who's the funny one?

Love it, Angel

That was a great 💡 come back. How wonderful to have a mother with such a great sense of humor😄. B😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back