Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought about black pepper, but you are right.
Al

Black pepper is noticeable, but does not cause me serious problems. I like fresh ground black pepper so got an electric pepper mill. It starts grinding when I turn it over. I can't effectively manually grind pepper any more, but I can tip the pepper grinder upside down over my food.

I do drink most liquids with a straw. That helps me keep my chin tucked. I will keep using a straw as long as I can make a good seal with my lips.

I find the McDonalds straws to be the optimal diameter for most things. I can't find that diameter anywhere commercially, but if I do, I will stock up!

Steve

Steve - I found some good straws for my PALS on Amazon - 17" Long Flexible Neon Straws - Assorted Colors - Pack of 200. He uses straws to drink everything. The straws have a 5/16" diameter, so they good for a variety of drinks , even milkshakes. If they are too long, I just cut them down. I also wash them out and re-use them at times.

I buy my straws at Ikea. Big, sturdy, colorful and inexpensive!

Yes, do the feeding tube as soon as you can. My mom lost 40 pounds over five months and since she has had the tube her weight has stabilized. Super easy. Usually a day surgery. It only takes about ten minutes to have a feeding tube meal four times a day. Best thing she ever did.

Like KW1234 above, the cough assist will be a great help, as well as a oral suction machine. Coughing fits have been managed to a minimum.

Hope this is of any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back