Diagnosis
10/2007
Country
AUS
State
queensland
City
cairns
Hi all does anyone have nainly just speech problems. I have slight balance problems but my main sympton is slurring of my speeech which seems to be getting worse.

hi. my main issue is speech too although I do have upper arm weakness and atrophy in both hands and feet. I started with headache, occasional slurred speech and upper arms that kept going to sleep. No diagnosis yet, EMG's negative. Can you still say whole sentences that arent slurred? How fast have you progressed?

gina

Yes I started with only slurred speech over 8 years ago. and felt good enough to work for another 6 years until it went to my arms and hands last year diagnosed came after 5 years pat

speech

hi Gina yes I can still say entire sentences my speech is only slightly slurred and it comes and goes.

May I ask how long have you had speech problems? Also, do you have twitches, atrophy? Did you have a positive EMG of bulbar area? I have had the speech thing for over a year, seems to be getting a little worse but still where most people dont notice. I dont really slur, just seem to get tongue tied or cut the end off of words, also I have unnatural pauses in my speech sometimes. sound familiar?

Gina

My Isnt Like That I Just Slur And Tongue Is Short And Scalloped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back