Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Martins Creek
Hi all. New to this forum. Just wanted to post symptoms I’ve been experiencing to see if any of these symptoms sound concerning. I went to PCP recently and have an MRI scheduled for august 3. Symptoms started with left lower eyelid twitching over 3 months ago and has not stopped since.

Since that started I have developed generalized muscle fasciculations all over body daily. I also noticed that bilateral arms seem to fatigue/feel sore after very little use.. such as holding my phone to scroll through social media/internet or blow drying my hair. Also notice my legs have been feeling sore despite any type of real exertion/exercise. My heels also tend to ache/feel sore after being on them for not a very prolonged period of time.

I can’t say I have had any failure to be able to do anything that I was previously able to do at this time. However these symptoms all just seem bizarre to me and I can’t help but worry something neurological is going on. Did get some bloodwork recently which all came back normal. Any responses/input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be good to have info from the MRI to rule out spine damage, but I wouldn't be concerned about ALS. With the widespread onset that you describe, my guess that you have something systemic, if anything -- from a post-viral syndrome to something you would see a rheumatologist for.

Please read here carefully as it should answer all your concerns.
Please also use paragraphs so we can read easily, blobs of text are really difficult.

Thank you for the responses. I really appreciate it. I did read those posts and found them very informative. However I have read other posts where people did have fasciculations as first symptom, etc. I know there are typical early onset symptoms but know it can also present differently for everyone so just wanted to get input on what I was experiencing. Just curious if muscle soreness is ever experienced as an early symptom? Or if the pain symptoms are typically in later stages?

Those posts are our official position, we put a lot into creating them.
The thing about the internet is you can find a post somewhere that covers every single thing you can think of.

If you have concerns still, please go see your doctor again.

Your question - no (but don't ask can it 'ever' be a first symptom because of see above). Please read the sticky again on pain in muscles. This is a disease that starts in the brain and moves down through particular motor neurons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back