Country
US
State
FL
City
Minneola
Morning

background;

10 years ago, I had twitches in my calves and right eye and was diagnosed with bfs based on tests in the dr office and NCV of ulner nerve in elbow. No other tests done.

I am a runner and when I run high mileage I get twitches in my calves that go away within a day

Current situation-
I took some time off running (just 2 months) and started back a month ago......lower mileage.

Since then I have twitches predominately in both calves and twitches all over my body (arms hip buttock, ankle, sides, hands, etc) and some right eyelid twitch and between my lower lip and chin.
I saw a neurologist on Tuesday and he said it’s bfs based upon tests in the office and not note muscle weakness or atrophy. I can walk on heels and toes .

I sometimes feel pin and needles/tightness in both feet when laying down under ball of feet.

I am now asking for an eeg.

TIA
Thoughts?

I am presuming you mean EMG, not EEG. If that what's it takes to reassure you, so be it. No one here will suspect ALS based on what you have said. Laying off running and starting up again is one factor, your shoes and stretching before/after may be others.

Best,
Laurie

Yes emg
Thanks

please remove the diagnosis date from your profile as you really don't have ALS so it is confusing.
I wish you a long happy life working with your doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back