Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
New york
Hello, first all I apologize for my english, i hope everything will be understandable.

Here is my concerns:

September - back pain, October 8th, wake up at night with tingling and numbness of pinky and ring finger and twitching nerve in the forearm. Two courses with Nivalin rehabilitation was done with no result, the numbness not disappeared up to now. At the beginning, when I press under the elbow I feel numbness in pinky – now not. On Tuesday, November 26, I wоке up at night with muscle twitching all over my body, then mainly on the calves and thighs, they are present only in rest. On Friday night, I woke up(4 am) with a headache in the back and when i lying down after 10min I felt spreading burning pain on the spine and left arm. My forearm feel burning sensation for 3 days. On the next day, at night my stomach started constantly gurgling for several days. On Monday, my thumb began twitch constantly, a week later stopped, but point finger started twitching. I also felt burning sensation to my forearm again for a minute.

At the moment, my muscles twitch all over body at rest. Sometimes, before I fall asleep, and while I sleep I have myoclonus, my hand or leg or all body jerking. I have no fatigue, a lost 5kg. but since 2 weeks I found that all my joints start cracking, even with little effort. There is no weakness, but I feel pain in arm fingers joints especially at night - it is better when moving. Also I found some bruises but they disappeared quickly. Now I feel pain in both elbow and I think that I have atrophy(it’s look like little hole over the elbow between triceps and biceps – on both hands). And I feel pain when muscle is under pressure around biceps. Also I feel pain in the bone between elbow and wrist on both hands. Hands and leg shaking when they are under pressure when i push or lift something. I can run and walk, and there is no problem stand up on heel or toes. I am really afraid.

Hi Alex,
I don't see any reason to worry about ALS, but the best person to help you feel better is your internist.

S/he can request lab work to see if there are some obvious reasons for your problems, like nutritional deficiencies, and can track your strength to make sure that is not affected, as it would be in ALS. You might also ask about screening for restless leg syndrome, which can affect the arms as well, and periodic limb movement disorder.

Meanwhile, to try to feel better, therapeutic massage, a hot tub, and exercise that stretches you out, like classical stretch, Pilates, tai chi, swimming, even walking are worth considering.

Best,
Laurie

Hello Laurie, thanks for respond.
I am really scared of progress last month. Is it possible this will be the second stage, because pain in muscles, bones and cracking joints. I feel a joint pain on arm fingers and when push or pull something with both hands there is pain and cracking in around elbow and pain in bone to wrist.
I read in the forum that when muscle atrophy, pain starts. I think that strength is the same but there is a pain.

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_113917.jpg
    IMG_20200217_113917.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20200204_121626.jpg
    IMG_20200204_121626.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 286
I'm not sure what you think you read, but pain is not an ALS stage after atrophy. There would be no pain until someone had been immobile and had pain from not being able to move (pressure points and stiffness). You have described no clinical weakness that would have to come months or years before immobility.

What you describe is not consistent with ALS at all. Even if you had atrophy (which these pictures cannot reveal one way or the other), you do not have clinical weakness, the hallmark of ALS along with the EMG findings. But you have other issues that your PCP can help you sort out.

Ok, thanks.
I am posting because all of my symptoms(fasciculations, twiching limbs, cracking joints, trembeling, myoclonus, muscle pain) forward me to ALS when I googled.
And just one final question: what is weakness, being unable to do something or problem with doing something(decrease function as i used to do 30push ups to make 15 now due to pain in hands for example.
Thanks in advance!

Clinical weakness is being unable to do things you did before that is NOT associated with pain.

OK, thanks.

i try to ansuwer my qustions and read in the forum, when muscle has started to atrophy, it can no longer support joints, and that is the reason for cracking joints and pain. Is it true and is it related to ALS and is it possible to start in both limbs?

Does anyone have a bone pain when doing something - a symmetrical pain in the same place in the hand that makes these actions harder.

Alex go see a doctor and get checked and ask your questions. I'm so sorry you are scared but we can't do this with text on the internet. All the best.

Hello, does muscle shaking when try to doing something (such as pull or pushing something) is a muscle weakness?

Alex, this forum is not for those who have anxiety about ALS but show no symptoms. It's not really a place to drop in and ask people with ALS whenever you have a worry. You have been told by folk here to access proper medical care- please do that. No more posting unless a doctor has informed you there is something neurological going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back