Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi OK tried to attach emg report have problem so will type, it says there was abnormal spontaneous activity in form of fibrillation potentials and positive sharp waves seen in right fdi, the motor units normal all other muscles normal, this is a midly abnormal study only abnormality was denervation in right fdi, this was extensive study no other abnormality identified, arranging mri of cervical spine, on this study nó evidence of widespread denervation of motor neurones I have muscle waste in hand that was abnormal my legs and hands go numb quite often sometimes my leg feels loose, my doc doesn't understand emg so waiting to see neuro again have hand mri thanks for all your input

Attachments

• IMG_20190410_075402.jpg
    IMG_20190410_075402.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 508
OK managed to attach emg thanks again

Your EMG says no ALS. A big congrats to you. I hope you realise how blessed you are to have good health and will be grateful for that and not continue hanging around a site for terminally ill people and their caregivers. The next step in your diagnostic journey, from what I understand, is an MRI of your cervical spine.

In any case, as you do not have ALS, further questions should be brought to your doctors. There's also no need for you to be here. That's great news.

Best of luck to you and take good care.

Thank you so much for your reply it means alot I can sleep better tonight I really hope fir a cure for this horrible disease

Hi I hope you don't mind me on this site again ré my emg which I put on and was kindly informed not als I was wondering even though I had a abnormality on one muscle and it doesn't actually say anything ré yes or no what r the guidelines looked for my cousin is going thríú a similar situation do u have any advice on reading the emg report I would b very grateful

It said no evidence of wide spread denervation of the motor neurons. ALS is a disease of wide spread acute and chronic motor neuron denervation so that was another way of saying no ALS. The summary of an emg is what you need to read. If it is not clear to you or your cousin does not understand theirs you need to ask your doctor to explain better.

ALS has been ruled out. No need to be be here as you were already told. I am closing the thread. Do not start another.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back