Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Al
City
Tuscaloosa
Hello
I have seen a PCP and am being referred to a neurologolist so I realize I am very early in the process but I wanted an opinion on my symptoms. I have had abdominal and back pains for 3 years as well as occasional leg calf cramps. I have had numerous CT scans and various tests to find the source of the pains with no findings. About 5 months ago I got sick with some sort of a stomach virus. Directly after I started having leg cramps again and then both arms began to burn from the elbows down. Then both legs became weak and then both arms with the right arm being worse than the left. I also began having difficulty breathing deeply. All of this happened over a period of about 2 days. A few weeks later and I began to twitch all over which I still do but more in my feet and legs than anywhere else. Things have gotten worse to the point it is very difficult to walk and my right hand is almost of no use and I have continuous cramps in my feet, legs, and hands. My PCP did an exam and noted weakness in both legs and my hand. My breathing is better some days than others. Thank you for any input you can give me.

The burning sensation and the rather acute time course of weakness argue against ALS. However, it is clear you have concerning symptoms, so hopefully the neurologist can shed some light on the situation.

Thank you very much for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back