00/0000
Country
US
State
KY
City
Elizabethtown
Hi,

A few weeks ago I searched causes for "twitching" on Google. I have been experiencing some twitches in my thumb and calf. Every day since then, has been a blur. ALS popped up as a potential cause and therfore I read into it. I have found that I seem to have other symptoms as well.

I am 28. I recently delivered baby #2. I have twitching in my left calf and thigh daily. Roughly 50 twitches a day. I also have small, barely noticeable twitching in my right thumb. Since I've noticed the twitching, I have recently developed twitching all over my body, none as persistent as in my calf and thumb. Under my eye twitches almost constantly. I am also experiencing rapid quivers in my thigh as well.

My muscles feel very fatigued and heavy on my right side, but I'm currently able to perform all of my usual tasks. I do feel a bit more clumsy.

After reading the post on the Internet, I sent myself into a panic attack. I went to visit my aunt who is a General Physician. She said that I had hyper reflexes and ordered some blood work. My thyroid antibodies and extremely high and I am low on vitamin D, and very slightly dehydrated. She wouldn't refer me to a neurologist.

Should I push to see a neurologist? Could these findings explain my symptoms. I have read that some people found out they had ALS due to twitching all over, with no weakness or atrophy prior.

Any advice would help. I am no longer participating in my own life. I am glued to reading diagnosis stories and doing strength test.

Any advice??

If you'd read the Pinned Post titled Read Before Posting, you'd have seen that Twitching is far too common to be diagnostic of anything!

Go give it a read now! :)

In addition to reading the sticky, work with your physician to bring your vitamin D level up to normal and make sure your thyroid function (TSH) is normal. Maintaining adequate hydration, getting adequate sleep, and managing stress is also key. But ALS is not a worry here.

If you keep self diagnosing on the internet you will cause your self serious, serious problems, but not ALS, no sign of that.
Al

Thanks for the responses. Your kind words held off my anxiety for almost 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I'm back at it. I read an article about a man who was diagnosed because one night twitching started in his arm and then spread throughout his body...no weakness.

My thumb is still driving me crazy. Throughout the day it will have small quivers or twitches. My hand feels stiff and the twitches or small muscle jumps in my body are increasing. My endocrinologist stated that I have very hyper reflexes..i can't escape those words.

Any advice? I'm just wondering if my quivers or twitches are my nerves failing prior to weakness. Twitching and hyper reflexes..I am overwhelmed. I came here hoping that your words would help me overcome anxiety or decide to get another evaluation. Thank you.

You're becoming tedious.

Go reread the comment flatly stating that twitches don't matter.

Do not post again unless it's something other than TWITCHES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back