Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
ME
City
Augusta
About 2 weeks ago I noticed that my left hand seemed kind of shaky. I have been dieting and not eating very much and attributed it to that.

Then the shaking which was slight seemed to get worse, my fingers would shake more when I tried to use them and it felt like they were twitchy. This will come and go, some days it's worse than others, sometimes I don't notice it at all.

Then a few days later I started getting like little muscle spams in that hand. Like the ball of my thumb and in my palm. If I used the hand alot if felt clumsy, but not all the time. I do spend a lot of time on the computer typing and stuff.

I also hold that hand funny when I don't use it, and I rest on that elbow when I'm on the computer.

This has kept up and, last night I noticed these little muscle twitches all over my body. Now, I don't know whether it's unusual or not, because I've always had muscle twitches here and there, but after reading about fasciculations on the web, it's like I'm focusing on them. But they do seem to be more persistent and frequent.

But the fact remains that I'm getting twitches all over, more regurlarly in my left calf, and my left hand feels weak and clumsy and it's freaking me out. Seems like when I use it too much it cramps up easier and when I use my fingers alot they cramp too. I also have tingling and numbness in that hand.

I'm not sure if these are initial symptoms, but I do feel as though something is wrong, however I have no health insurance and I'm terrified to go to the doctor's. I'm 32 and going through a divorce and stressed.

Hi,

I am new to the forum and only educated by what I have read. But, I worked in the hospital for many years and saw many people with your hand symptoms related to carpal tunnel. This can be caused by overuse and the computer certainly could be the culprit! Maybe if you check it out it can help ease your mind. As far as the muscle twitches, they can be caused by many things as the great people of this forum have let me know. Please research carpal tunnel and see if that helps you any. Good luck. Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back