Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Wa
City
Spokane
Hi there; I would like to apologize in advance for posting again.

The twitching has persisted now for six months about; and they're now everywhere. My body feels fatigued, especially after I've been active... But they're things I used to do that didn't cause me any soreness; until after these symptoms have occurred. For instance I bowled, and was sore and stiff for about 4 days after. I've now developed tongue twitching, I feel like I am always biting my tongue. I saw neurologist before the tongue twitch began... I had an emg done and it's normal, neck mri suggest mild herniated disc. I have been having constant headaches since these symptoms 6 months ago.

I saw a physical therapist today and was told that my refexes were slightly hyper; and my left arm is weaker. And also my left thigh is 3cm smaller than my right side. I'm very nervous, as I am only 23. Ther neurologist seems to dismiss any of my concerns... Stating a normal exam usually never lead to als.

I am not sure what else to do? And idk if the neuros I'm going to have good knowledge about als? :(

Assymetry is normal as are mildly hyper reflexes especially in an anxious state. It still does not sound like ALS. I will suggest you go to your pcp and have a physician evaluate your weakness. It could very well be because of your neck. See what your pcp suggests. Tongue twitching is like any other twitching usually benign

Last edited:
The EMG was normal, the neurologist is unconcerned, and none of your symptoms are ALS. Why are you still here? Don't answer that. Just follow up with your doctor on your malaise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back