Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
City
philadlephia
Hello, i am a 31 year old male. Let me reference that i do have a history of health anxiety. After a lot of research i did get my PCP make the referral to a Neurologist, but they did say they had no ALS concern. Within the last month i have had a lot of twitching in random places, but it seems to have concentrated in or around my shin on one leg. This particular leg always feels tight. It doesn't cramp, but there is some fatigue or discomfort when driving. There is no clinical weakness. Its more of a "full feeling" if i had to describe. I went down the ALS internet rabbit hole for about a month, and this thought has essentially consumed my life. My question, respectfully, as i have read the stickies; the "feeling" in my leg of fullness, tightness, and shin fasciculations, does that appear to me something the neurologist would be concerned about it in my upcoming appointment? thank you

You should tell your neurologist all your symptoms. They will decide what is important. You should make your symptom list as concise and precise as possible. Chronological with bullet points is often preferred. For people with weakness ( which apparently is not you) specific examples are helpful. An exact description of your driving symptoms and the timing would be preferred to the vague description you offered here. The doctor will ask questions to clarify but it saves time and aggravation if they don’t have to. your main question should be what is wrong?

Thank you. Do you have any thoughts on the particular feeling i have in my leg? I have heard the phrase failure not feeling.

my opinion is the same as your pcps. Not ALS like. However if you don’t tell the neurologist everything they can’t make a good judgement of what it might be

So i had an emg. prior to the test she didnt mention anything clinically on my exam. Once finished with the EMG she said that she didn't see anythign alarming and ALS is not a concern. When i called their office about the offical report the nurse said that there still isn't any ALS signs, but the neuro wanted to me to come back in and discuss a couple of small changes, but nothing serious. DO i just need to accept her words of nothing causing a red flag? her saying she wanted to discuss something has me completely torqued up.

The doctor said there was not a concern for ALS. They would know when they did the test if there were ALS. So no I don’t think the doctor lied and then told the nurse to lie. You should take them at their word. Emgs and the ncs that is usually done at the time can show many different things. Most of them fairly benign and or treatable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back