Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
katy
I ve been bothering you good people for a over a couple of months now, but i cant seem to shake these issues.In late april i had a clean emg on my upper and lower and neck, but my calves keep twitching,off n on leftside numbness,my left nostril burns,my right eye lid feels stiff,quads want to cramp.muscle loss on my lower legs and arms.Increased definition.Also the hair on my outer calf muscles are thinning out,and the skin looks like its aged on arms and legs.Twicthing on left hand and under bottom lip.Lately my voice has been horase and im wondering if i have upper motor nueron and thats why it didnt show anything.Anybody else experienced these same issues and tested postive down the road for als, are should i quit bothering you good people.

UMN stuff shows up very easily on clinical examination. Als does nothing to Hair growth etc. Never heard of Stiff eyelids. How about you keep away from here, as it seems to make you more anxious.

You have had your questions addressed already more than once. If you are still worried you need to see your doctor and explain your anxiety, they are far more capable of putting your mind to rest than people here (I HOPE)

Good luck
Aly

I totally agree Aly. None of that is ALS related.

AL.

Sportsfan, Nothing you state is related to ALS. We are human beings and we do care for you as a person that you are going through these problems but we can not help you any further. Your EMG came back clear and that is a good indicator that you do not have ALS. Hair thinning issues sounds more like malnuitrtiion issues to me or vitamin defiicienies... Which might also account for your stiffness and numbness. Get your Postassium check specifically! They do not check this in normal blood tests, you must ask for it. Please stop worrying that you have ALS, you do not friend.

Sportsfan, Nothing you state is related to ALS. We are human beings and we do care for you as a person that you are going through these problems but we can not help you any further. Your EMG came back clear and that is a good indicator that you do not have ALS. Hair thinning issues sounds more like malnuitrtiion issues to me or vitamin defiicienies... Which might also account for your stiffness and numbness. Get your Postassium check specifically! They do not check this in normal blood tests, you must ask for it. Please stop worrying that you have ALS, you do not friend.

Just wanted to clarify for others that may read. Potassium levels are routinely checked in the chem panel. You don't need to ask for it. It is one of the four basic electrolytes and almost always checked if any blood tests at all are ordered.

The potassium level is one that has very little leeway. Too high or too low cause muscle issues...up to and including stopping the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back