swe
State
swe
City
upsla
Hello. I am 17 (male).

I want to know if these symptoms could be als.. :-(

Improved saliva (1 month)

Twitches (all over, but not woried about them anymore)

When i reach for something on the floor etcetera, my stomach starts to shake all over, same with all my limbs, if i hold a cup full of tea/coffe straight in the air i start to shake in the arm. (2 months)

.. And ofcourse this weakness/weird feeling in my hand/lower arm. (right hand).
This is not real weakness (can do everything as usual, but i am slower in my fingers, if thats the right way to explain, like im slower when i press buttons etc.) (1 month).

Thanks for any answers what this could be, i am scared as hell about this, and can't really visit a doctor since i've been there for other stuff..

Merry X-mas to all. Really need advices/answers.

planningguy

Country
US
State
Wyoming
City
Sheridan
Nyzaph,

Your age alone makes it extremely unlikely that what you are expereincing is ALS. It is unfortunate that you say that you can't go to a doctor, because that is exactly where you need to be. The symptoms you describe could be caused by anything from severe anxiety to a reaction to a virus.

Hope you can make it in to a doctor soon.

Happy Holidays,

Robert

Nyzaph

Country
swe
State
swe
City
upsla
Well..

Well.. I've been to one 2 months ago, because of twitches all over. By then i barely noticed any weird feeling/weakness in my hand/lower arm and my saliva improvement.
1 and a half month later about i started to notice these other things.

By the way, at the visit he checked my reflex, strength and such to se abnormalities, it was fine by then.

Also, i tried babinski on myself, but as i get no response im maybe doing wrong?
If this is the case can you tell me how to do it right?

Thanks alot.

CindyM

Moderator emeritus
Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New England
City
Anytown
I don't think this is a test you can give yourself. Your symptoms don't sound anything like ALS to me, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.