Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Long Beach
I realize you all get loads of these posts so I'll keep it as quick and concise.

About 4 years ago I had numbness/tingling/fasciculations along with generalized fatigue throughout my muscles. At that time I went to a Neurologist and he ran all the major tests, including an EMG which was normal. It turned out I was positive for Lyme, so we treated that with varying degrees of success and my symptoms somewhat subsided.

Fast forward to now, and for the last 2 or so weeks I've had fasciculations throughout my body, spasms, numbness/tingling , some pain in my muscles. My hands, legs and arms feel extremely tight and weak, along with pain in my back/neck/spine area, etc. The twitching is constant and pretty much everywhere, from my hands/arms through my stomach and legs. Despite this I don't have any noticeable weakness, meaning noticeable to me I guess. Although I feel weak, I haven't fallen and none of my muscles have stopped doing anything that I can tell (even though they feel weaker).

I was trying to just ride it out hoping it would subside but I am going to call my Neurologist tomorrow to schedule an appointment and get some tests to try to put my mind at ease because, despite my best effort, I am worrying like crazy. I did read the pinned post about answers to common questions thoroughly and I have a feeling what I am experiencing doesn't fit, but I am interested in opinions.

good idea to see a neurologist, even better one that knows you.
twitching means nothing and hopefully he/she can calm you back down as this is not how ALS happens.

I appreciate the response. I am driving myself crazy, putting myself through various pseudo neurological tests in my home (walking on my heels, walking on my toes, touching my nose and then touching small spots over and over) all of which I am sure are just heightening my anxiety and making whatever my issue is worse. I don't want to clog up this with tons of posts so I'll respect the rules and not post again till after I've seen a doctor.

Here is your old thread/profile.

This has been going on for 5 years, so it's clear it is not ALS. Please continue to work with your doctors and get help with your fear of ALS.

I just wanted to post that I had a normal EMG of both my upper and lower muscles/nerves. I also wanted to apologize for starting a new thread from my previous old one as I know it is disrespectful to the forum and the people who devote their time and effort to it. Contininug to work with my doctors to try to find out what is going on, receiving few answers but this will be my last post here as ShiftKicker is definitely right the I have extremely anxiety/fear. Thank you guys again.
Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 12.01.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 12.00.03 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back