Symptoms have Progressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great that the eye issue has been seen to and confirmed as nothing to do with ALS

To answer:
1. no
2. no
3 - I am open to have you examine me and suggest what you think is going on and what we should do next.
4. nope not connected to ALS but could be part of your problem.

All the best, you really don't seem to have any reason to continue pursuing ALS, not even a little bit and I'm truly happy for you on this.

P.S. I just realized I already asked about the carpal tunnel several posts above, my mistake. I should have re-read the entire thread since its been a while since I posted.

And the great news is... there is no reason to post again or linger on
reading old threads and posts. Let this go.

No, but CTS can certainly affect your musculature. I trust you got a regimen from a PT to slow that down.
Not at onset. And that really isn't a symptom, per se. You could see a podiatrist to check your gait/shoes.
Let her direct the exam after you summarize your issues and the timeline. It's her job.
Stimulants aren't going to cause ALS, but if you were dosing high and went off too fast, you could certainly be feeling weak.

I'm glad you got your floaters checked out. With borderline IOP, you should go back at least annually. But now you know there is no reason to connect the floaters with anything else.

Dents as you have heard, are not worth considering without other issues that you don't have.

In short, it's not that your symptoms have progressed, it's that your mind is connecting some things that likely don't connect.

Hello all,

I saw a neurologist today to revisit some of the things I am experiencing. I attached a screenshot of his notes from the appointment. He is the first doctor to notice and acknowledge the slight divot in my left calf. He also noticed a rolling tremor on my left foot index toe. It just fires and relaxes, fires and relaxes. I communicated all of the symptoms I shared with all of you.

I am scared guys. I'm sorry. I am nervous about the repeat EMG that he wants to do. He suggested it after noticing the divot on my leg. He did state he still doesn't suspect MND but he understands why I am worried.

He stated that he thinks the wide spread twitching is due to benign cramp fasciculation syndrome. I asked him of the divot could be caused by that and he said no, he things that is an isolated issue. My spinal MRI looks good so he suggested it could be some localized peripheral nerve issue. The only thing I find weird is that this "divot" in my left calf and perceived weakness started around the same timeframe as the widespread twitching.

I am scared. Beyond scared. Any words of reassurance, comfort, or anything to help snap me out of this would be appreciated. I don't know what to think anymore.

If anyone has any comments on the attached file, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

- Chase

Attachments

• neuroapp.png
    neuroapp.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 172
Both myself and your doctor can see your huge fear and your doctor was so kind to spend 60 minutes with you, mostly as a counselling session for your fears. This is a doctor you should start to listen to carefully and follow their advice.

You were clearly given explanations and told BCS. The EMG is obviously to try and allay your fears, but many people like you then won't believe the results. This means you might even seriously consider whether it is worth putting yourself through this as the doctor doesn't think it is the way to go, but is doing it to try and show you there is nothing alarming going on.

The kindest thing I can think of is to suggest you get help from a counsellor or therapist, stop googling and definitely block this site.
You are reading all kinds of things into everything that is happening and to what your doctor is saying and recording - I read that set of notes as a doctor carefully documenting all your fears and noting every observation without noting a single thing that could even possibly indicate you have a terminal disease.

I hope you can get help soon, it is obviously affecting you deeply.

He says he is ordering the emg to reassure you and he doesn’t think you have MND. Further he has you following up with a nurse practitioner. I am not disrespecting NPs at all but if he had the slightest expectation of anything bad you would have a follow up with him. The absolutely superb nps at my clinic do not see people for diagnosis visits they do follow ups and procedures

I think it's best you move on now. This site is really for folks who have ALS and who caregive for someone with ALS. Since you are neither, and your CIHALS questions have been answered over and over and over, continue to post becomes very inconsiderate. Please do consider counselling.

Take good care and goodbye.

Well friends,

It seems the consensus between the folks on here is that while I may have something else going on with me, it is not ALS. My goal in messaging on here has never been to annoy anyone, or take up people's time that could be better used supporting people who actually have a diagnosis. So I will make this my final message before I get some sort of diagnosis as to what is going on.

I am going to leave some final comments. My last doctor's appointment startled me because it felt like everything in his notes was mainly coming from him. Yes I did express my concerns about MND and told him about my intense anxiety. Given the very slim probability of being diagnosed with ALS at my age, and the fact that numerous conditions exist that can mimic the disease or effect neurons, I am sure one day I will discover that it isn't ALS. But it doesn't change the fact that my symptoms, going through them everyday, are so alarming and terrifying. Seeing my body change over a course of just a short few months. Seeing a divot appear on my calf with accompanying weakness, coupled with widespread constant twitching. To feel my feet tight and perceive that the fat pads are going away to the point where it hurts to walk...It's caused me to question everything, supporters like all of you, doctors. I worry the doctor says benign fascic cramp syndrome because they don't know what else to call it without the second emg.

I'm not proud of where I am mentally with my anxiety or otherwise. And I am sure from your guys point of you I am quite triggering.

I truly do wish I had never googled my symptoms. It is a shame that I somehow made the connection between what I am experiencing and ALS. With clean MRI imaging and clean auto-immune panels, seemingly clean everything, I simply had run out of ideas or places to turn. And when the fascics started all over, joints with popping, the feeling of systemic muscular weakness...my brain decided it was ALS for better or worse.

I do appreciate everyone who has taken time out of there day up to this point to talk with me. That being said, I will now take a hiatus from this forum. I do fear that I will return someday soon with a diagnosis. My forearms are getting smaller, and everything on me is just getting weaker. Over a short period of time. I still wonder if my short term abuse of adderal and vyvanse caused any of this or is capable of causing ALS.

I hope I'm wrong about all of this. To those of you I have upset, annoyed, or offended in anyway, I apologize and wish the best for you in all of your lives. Whether I am in the appropriate forum or not, I was shocked at the immediate and thorough feedback I got from the people here.

Have a wonderful day and stay warm.

Best of luck to you. Closing thread as there is nothing more to be said for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back