00/0000
Country
AE
State
DX
City
Dubai
Hi All,

I would be grateful for any advise for the symptoms i have been going through since November 2019.

I am 33 years old and i have been having symptoms that started with twitches in my right eyelid and then few days later i started having sharp pain on my right buttocks going down through the back of my right thigh, sometimes i feel my right leg is weak at night after having walking all day at work and gets better by resting. Weeks after the pain, i started having twitches on my back, thighs, biceps, calfs, almost everywhere constantly. I can still walk normally but after few minutes of walk or going up the stairs, the sharp pain comes back. I have been to the 2 neurologist, they did several physical test and blood works which all came back normal. I also did lumbar MRI which came back as minor disk bulge.

What worries me the most is the twitching that never stopped since November 2019. Pls advise if any of the above are early symptoms of ALS and do you think i would urge doctors for EMG for the above symptoms?
My father passed away of ALS when he was 46 years old, and these symptoms are terrifying me.

Thank you in advance

No and no.

Very sorry about your dad. I am sure you were a great comfort to him. If the sadness is still a big issue for you a decade later, you could consider counseling. He would not want you to spend your life in pain.

I would advise seeing a physical therapist about a stretching regimen and considering therapeutic massage, while also thinking about possible improvements to your sleep and diet. If you walk a lot for work, the right shoes and stance can be important as well. A podiatrist can evaluate both.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back