Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
City
Madison
If anyone could help me I am very worried about my symptoms, I have a neuro and emg appt in 2 weeks, but until then I would really appreciate some advice
My symptoms are: atrophy on left side of neck , trouble swallowing, a click whenever I swallow on my left side down by larynx. Ent said it was to much muscle contracture between hyoid bone and thyroid cartilage. I have noticed slight weakness in left leg and in my left arm when holding it up shampooing hair. Today I looked over my body and noticed slight difference with muscles on left arm and under my collar bone. The back of my neck is very tight also. I am very scared ESP about my neck and why the muscle is atrophied, I can see my tendons alot moreso than right side. Also what are muscle twitches? I do have what feels like tinglies in my left foot. Thank u very much

Deb-

You've come to the right place for support, but really and truly, until you see the Neuro and have tests- try not to think of the worse case scenario. You only have 14 days until your appointment- I KNOW it feels like an eternity- but do try to focus on other things, if you can. You are doing the right thing by seeking medical help, so let them do their jobs. If you are a nurse, you especially would know that your symptoms can be any number of treatable conditions.

Please, until your appointment, stay off the internet searching for a diagnosis. This will only feed your anxiety and you'll feel worse.

Do let us know how things go for you. Wishing you well.

Went to mod-land- stay tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back