Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
Hello everyone. I am a 27 year old male who has been experiencing some symptoms for about 9 months. It started as general left arm weakness and then manifested into shoulder weakness and now my whole left side feels weak, from face to toe. I have experienced slight twitching in muscles and occasional speech slur. I went to my PCP and he said it was anxiety which I do have. After reading the post about failure, I guess my question is what is included in failure? I seem to be able to do all of the regular tasks during a day that I use to but they also seem to be becoming a bit more difficult. I'm thinking about going back to my PCP to see if there is an actual issue. I know anxiety can cause your mind to think always of the worst case scenario as I know can happen. I was wondering if anyone had any guidance in this situation and if you could give me a bit more detail on failures. Thank you all for your time.

Adding a common symptom for me is that when I lift my head backwards all the way, my left hand feels a bit off and I get a tad dizzy. Not sure if this could be related

Failure is you can't do it, not that it feels hard.

I don't see any reason for concern about ALS. It doesn't show up in all regions at once, whether horizontally or vertically. Anxiety can certainly play tricks, along with stress, lack of sleep, etc. Counseling, meditation/mindfulness, bodywork, and improved nutrition are all approaches to consider. If the neck issue continues, a neurology consultation might be a good thing.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back